- I have the head cold from heck. I don't feel bad enough to call in sick tomorrow (my first day at the new office) but I need a big box of tissues at all times.
- I have somehow developed poison ivy all up my calf. The only thing I can think of is that some oil got on my foot through my flip flop and then marched its way, Sherman style, up my leg.
- The chambermaids at the Sheraton Suites (where we're camped out until our stuff arrives on Thursday) are really really good. Like, leaving us four notepads because we've been going through them like wildfire. They also put up with my trashcans full of dirty tissues. They will be tipped well.
- The idiot auto shippers left the passenger side window slightly open during our car's cross-country shipment. Not a big deal, you would think. But when your car GOES THROUGH A BLIZZARD, and all that snow, sleet, road grit, and street salt ends up covering the entire passenger side interior (front and back), it is a big deal. Having to file a claim is going to be a pain in the ass but I'm getting that car detailed nose to tail and they're going to pay for it.
- The weather in San Diego is ridiculously gorgeous. I'm wearing a t-shirt and my new madras patchwork bermudas (SO cute), and I'm warm and happy.
- I walked by a Hallmark that was going out of business and everything was 75% off. I walked out of there with enough cocktail napkins, cards, and gift bags for the next year. I like that a lot of it was Hallmark's Red campaign for AIDS in Africa (similar to the campaign at GAP). I may be only paying a buck a roll, but it's going to a good cause!
I'm back... I think...
7 years ago