Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Moving right along...

Phew. This weekend was a doozy. We drank (no shipping of the alcohol, folk!), we played Guitar Hero, we ate our anniversary tier six months early. (So so so good, by the way. We had three flavors of mousse in between the layers; amaretto, baileys, and khalua.) We also watched movers pack up our little condo and ship it off to California.

I will admit, I was a leetle teary.

We also got to meet a friend's baby for the first time. Seriously, the cutest little kid I've ever seen. Normally babies are so red and scrunchie. This one was absolutely beautiful. So I was sitting there holding the little bebe and DH had his arm around me and I totally saw what we would look like as parents. Apparently DH was thinking of that too because he leaned in real close and whispered in my ear:

"So, do you want one now?"

I smiled sweetly and whispered back:

"No."

Here's my thing with the bebes: Everyone says that I'll go through some sort of overnight shift when I hit thirty and desperately want one. Maybe I will. I totally claim the right to change my mind. But as I sat there and held that beautiful little boy, I couldn't help but feel that it was COMPLETELY unnatural and not my thing. Like, I like kids but the idea of actually giving birth to one and then having to raise it. (All the while loosing sleep, money, and my sanity.) Just. Doesn't. Appeal.

No comments: