Friday, March 28, 2008

Hmpt.


It is with great sadness that I announce something that I have had a feeling about for some time. I'm allergic to avocado. Sigh.

I've never like guacamole so avocados haven't really been in my diet. But San Diego is apparently one of the best places in the world to grow avocados so they are in EVERYTHING. I've been getting stomach aches after every Mexican meal and thought it might be the avocados. Last night definitely confirmed it.

I was very excited to try Ladybug's Picnic's kale and avocado salad last night. About a half hour later it felt like I had major stomach pain. Rolling around on the floor, groaning, horrible pain.

I consulted l'internet and it turns out people with my allergies tend to be allergic to avocados. I totally pinpointed my pain when someone described it as "a stomach of ground glass." Yeap, that's me.

So yeah, no more delicious, good for you, avocados. I'll have to stick with the salsa.

No comments: