Monday, January 28, 2008

Handbags galore

The hubby and I have a deal when it comes to holidays:

Because he currently receives a week more vacation a year than I do, he is able to take a skiing holiday with his friends while I stay at home and work. While I would surely like another holiday a year, I'm glad Darling Hubby gets time with his mates and gets to ski. (DH is a die hard skier and snowboarder. Seriously, I think it's the happiest I get to see him when he's suiting up and heading for the lift line. :))

Because I am such an understanding and supportive wifey, he came up with the deal that for every week he's on holiday without me, I get a new handbag when he comes home. Well my friends, it's Wifey-on-Her-Own Week, and I'm going to pick from the following:

Brooks Brothers, oh I do love it so. I need another "work" bag that I can tuck in my large tote and take out when we head to lunch.


Brooks Brothers again, and even better - on sale! It's linen and calf skin so I love the look, not sure if it'll hold up and keep clean.


I love Orla Kiely SO SO much. This bag screams "English Nanny" to me, but in a good way.


This is a completely frivolous bag and for that reason alone, it qualifies under Wifey-On-Her-Own Week. Since we're moving to the West Coast, DH and I will be flying a whole lot more than we currently do. I think this is the most perfect stowaway bag (well, besides the coveted LV) precisely because it's big (but not too big), bright (if you *must* check it), and is such a fun print.

1 comment:

Julia Goolia said...

Hi Elliot!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are right, Mom is amazing. :)
LOVE the "English Nanny" bag in this post. I say go for it.