The lovely EuropaFox tagged me:
What were you doing ten years ago?
In June of '98 I was on Martha's Vineyard with my friends from boarding school. I was also having severe anxiety at the thought of leaving boarding school for college. It's hard to go from a place where you literally know EVERYONE (all 135 students) to a place where I had classes with 300 strangers! People laugh that I joined a sorority but our houses were the same size as my boarding school (120ish members) so I felt right at home.
5 things on my to do list today
1. Practice Guitar Hero in secret while DH is at a Padres game. (He wonders why I beat him every time we play even though he's played guitar for 20 years. Mystery solved, no?)
2. Order hardwood flooring samples for our new place (if we get it - cross your fingers!)
3. Write a really nasty email to BBB because they have had a piece of our wedding silver on back order for TEN months. And they don't even update me - I have to keep calling.
4. Finish my French-themed hand towel that I've been embroidering.
5. Iron about 30 work shirts while watching stuff I've DVRed.
3. Snacks you enjoy
Yogurt-covered pretzles, hummas and pita chips, frozen banana pieces, peanut butter-filled pretzels (TJ also make chocolate covered ones that are TO DIE FOR), and dehydrated pineapple.
4.Places you have lived
Hawaii, DC, southern Virginia (middle of nowhere - take a left), northern Virginia, New Hampshire, Indiana, Tennessee, California, and Northern Ireland (Belfast).
5.Five things you would do if you were a billionaire
1. Quit work immediately.
2. Call my Dahdoo and tell him he's retiring - now.
3. Endow the Elliot and DH charitable foundation. (First thing on the agenda - funding the Elliot's Parents chair of engineering at the family alma mater.)
4. Call our lawyer, our realtor, and our money manager.
5. Walk into Design within Reach and tell them to send one of everything.
I like how sweet and simple is this meme. I tag anyone who wants to do it!
I'm back... I think...
6 years ago