Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ugh.

I'm on week five of C25K. It sucks.

I've done C25K before and weeks five and six always kick my butt. My legs are sore after every run and it's not enjoyable.

I know it's good for me. I know it'll get easier. But here's the thing - I hate running. There, I admit it. I've never liked it. I do it as a means to an end. The end being my rear end in jeans.

Anywho... For the really tough days, when I reeeally don't want to run, I put on the following playlist and get my butt out the door:

  • No More Drama - Mary J. Blige
  • Fighter - Christina Aguillera
  • Lose Yourself - Eminem
  • Pretender - Foo Fighters
  • Paint it Black - Rolling Stones
  • Die Another Day - Madonna
  • Elevation - U2
  • Dance, Dance - Fall Out Boy
  • Feel Good - Gorillaz
  • Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
  • Numb/Encore - Jay Z/Linkin Park
  • This Modern Love - Bloc Party
  • Ger UR Freak On - Missy Elliott
  • Bullet and a Target - Citizen Cope
  • Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
What do you listen to when you run?

2 comments:

Kate said...

I can't remember if I already commented about this but I did the C25K too. I finished last summer but injured my knee in Jan. Well yesterday I had this overwhelming urge to run and I did (I guess my knee it fixed?)! Some of my running songs:
Nelly Furtado- Promiscuous Girl and Say it Right
Timbaland- The way I Are
Dirty Vegas- Days go by
Lil Jon- Get Low
The Bravery- Honest Mistake
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Higher Ground
Britney Spears- Stronger

k e r r y said...

I like to listent to songs that I would not normally listen to casually like Black Eye Peas and Justin Timberlake. Thanks for your play list - i've been looking for new inspiration!