Friday, May 9, 2008

I feel like such a bad blogger lately - stale and infrequent posting is not good for the reader soul, dear Elliott!

I'm finally ready to let y'all in on a little secret; I've been working like a crazy woman on my promotion package. And it's finally done. HEE!!

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much; let me sum up.

Promotion packages are a series of essays where you prove that you have the knowledge and skills to work at the next level of responsibility. They are, to put it nicely, a complete PITA. Unfortunately, they use a standard list of skills and responsibilities for my job title. It doesn't matter if your actual work covers these skills; you still have to prove that you can do them.

It's an incredibly stressful thing to put together a package and everyone universally hates it.

If I don't pass (I'll find out in a couple weeks) I will be disappointed but not surprised. I just hate the fact that I can be really really good at my job and still not qualify for the next step up.

I'm hoping that my new office will broaden my experience so that the next PP I put in will be easy to do.

So, yeah. Sorry I've been distracted - I'm trying to get my name on a door! :)

No comments: