Running Just as Fast as I can is hosting the Summer Preppy Swap! I'm super excited but a bit apprehensive, I mean, I saw the Spring Swap items and everyone was so creative! I promise, No Dieting, that I will try really really hard to pick cute things for you!
So my swap buddy(ies), here are my answers to the fun meme:
1. Favorite preppy designers? VV, JCrew, and Ralph
2. Favorite preppy accessories? Pearls, headbands, and silk scarves. ("Let's fold scarves!" is my favorite movie quotation.)
3. Any hobbies? I like snowboarding, crafting (see below), reading chick-lit, and mixology.
4. Enjoy crafting, if so anything in particular? I really getting into the crafting thing. I've picked up knitting and am starting on a set of embroidered kitchen towels. (I'm REALLY excited about my towels; I hope they turn out as cute as they are in my head!) I did a bunch of stamping and paper design for my wedding so I do that now too.
5. Favorite books/magazines? I love chick-lit. I shouldn't but I do. And anything I pick up in the airport that is suspense/conspiracy based. I was ALL over Angels & Demons way before DaVinci Code came out. I am also a huge magazine lover. I subscribe to Self, Marie Claire, Allure, Wine Spectator, Food & Wine, Shape, Lucky, and Real Simple.
6. Any other favorite things? Kelly Green, navy, and pink are my favorite colors. I love anything related to dogs (bulldogs in particular), the kitchen, and horses (polo especially).
7. Collect anything? Not really. Local art, I suppose. Oh, and lip gloss. I LOVE lip gloss.
8. Any kids/pets? Not yet. We're contemplating getting a Bulldog from the SD Bulldog rescue.
9. Any allergies? Hold on to your hat: any animals with fur (especially cats and dogs), grass, trees, flower pollen, avocados, wasps, poison ivy (like, I go to the hospital every time I get PI, I swell so badly), and bees.
10. Favorite thing to do in the Summer? Hit the beach, barbeque, and go have cocktails outside with my friends.
11. What most makes you think of Summer? The smell of Coppertone, iced tea with mint ice cubes, lightning bugs, and Avon Skin-so-Soft.
12. Favorite treat/drink? I love a Campari and soda in the summer, Jack Daniels at all other times. I also really like ginger beer and root beer. And my biggest indulgence is a York Peppermint Patty. I freaking LOVE those things.
13. Anything else your partner should know about you? I'm quite laid back. I bought a boatload of little paper umbrellas and now use them in all my drinks - even if it's just a glass of iced tea! I'm trying to grow my own herb garden on our balcony. I can keep a cactus alive as well as our orchids. Herbs are way harder!
And here are some more things about me!
5 things I can't live without under $10:
1. Tea bags - Irish Breakfast, Zen (Tzao mint and green tea), and roobios from South Africa.
2. York Peppermint Patties
3. J.Crew argyle socks (but you have to get them on sale to get in under $10!)
4. Fresh herbs - we fly through mint, cilantro, rosemary, and basil!
5. Vaseline gel oil - OMG does it smell amazing and leaves your legs super soft!
5 Favorite Movies:
1. Dangerous Liaisons
2. Bridget Jones
3. French Kiss
4. What About Bob
5. Honeymoon in Vegas
5 favorite girls' names I love but won't use:
1. Chase - It was supposed to be MY name but my Dad vetoed it.
5 favorite boys' names I love but won't use:
2. Holden (that would just be cruel)
5 songs you could listen to over and over again:
1. I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie
2. Baby Girl - Will Hoge
3. When Your Mind's Made Up - Once soundtrack
4. On the Radio - Regina Spektor
5. Light and Day - Polyphonic Spree
5 things that stay in my handbag at all times:
1. Mobile phone
2. Kate Spade sunglasses
3. Blackberry (yes, I have both a BB and a mobile - one's for work and I have to have it all the time.)
4. Burt's Bees lipbalm in various colors
5. Coach braided leather keyring that I bought with my allowance at age 12.
5 obsessions I have right now:
1. The Cynthia Rowley line at Target
2. Embroidery patterns
3. Finding Slatkin Kabala candles on ebay (they're discontinues and I burn NOTHING ELSE in my home)
4. My herb garden
5. Campari + soda + splash of grapefruit juice + lime = AHMAHZING
5 places I'd love to go:
2. New Zealand
3. Italy (I can't believe I STILL haven't made it to the home of PRADA OUTLETS!)
5. San Francisco (going in two weeks!)