I feel fantastic.
I have more energy, my running is easier than ever, and I'm sleeping like a bebe. Jillian's mean and I love it. When she says "I want you to feel like you're going to die," I do. I do, Jillian, I do.
So what do you do when you're doing so well on your health kick??
* 3/4 cup of room temperature butter (I used Simple Earth)
* 1 1/4 cup of sugar
* 3 eggs, room temperature
* 1 cup of canned coconut milk
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* 2 1/4 cups of flour
* 1 teaspoon of salt
* 1 teaspoon of baking powder
* 1/2 cup of sweetened desiccated coconut
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in one bowl. In another add 1 cup of a well shaken can of coconut milk and a teaspoon of vanilla. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix, then add 1/2 of the wet ingredients. Alternate the wet and dry mixtures, ending with the dry. Don't overbeat.
4. Fold in the coconut then bake for 18 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool for a minute or two in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Delicious warm and even better the next day!
For the icing I made a simple cream cheese frosting and added 1/3 c. dulce de leche. It's very sweet so I think I'd probably try to add in some lemon to keep the sugar rush down.