Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cheers!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Queen's Uni

I lived in Belfast, Northern Ireland while I pursued an MS in European Integration at Queen's University Belfast. You're probably wondering how I ended up there.


Well, I was a poli sci and European studies double major at Vanderbilt. The director of the European Studies program asked me Senior year what I was going to do after graduation. When I said I had no idea, he told me about the Euro Integration programs available in Europe. Figuring that another year of school for another degree wouldn't hurt, I applied to a ten schools and got into eight of them.
The year went very fast and before I knew it, I was back in DC with a whole bunch of degrees. I stuck out one year as a software analyst before moving to my current role. Surprisingly, I do use the knowledge and skills from my degrees in my job. Not many people can say that, eh? :)
All of these absolutely beautiful pictures of Belfast are from flickr user gerard1972.
Have fun tonight. Be safe. Drink up.

No comments: