1. He's my husband and best friend. It's weird to be without him. While I don't mind leaving, I hate being left. :(
2. I have some OCD issues concerning locks and doors and he's the only one I trust to lock up behind me. It took me 20 minutes and two trips to the parking garage before I was absolutely positively sure I had locked the house door. (Logically, I know I had locked it. But I still have to check. It's OCD, I can't control it.) Try explaining that to the boss when I was late this morning.
3. While it's great to have the bed to myself and set the thermostat above 70, I miss him like mad. I stole one of his tshirts and have been wearing it to bed for the last two nights because it smells like him.
4. I'm incredibly bored without him. I have no one to talk to! This evening I took the night off from painting our new place and did the following in four hours:
- Vacuumed the apartment
- Sorted, washed, and folded six loads of laundry (including one just of bathmats. They were totally overdue)
- Dusted all wooden furniture
- Conditioned and polished all of the leather furniture
- Cleaned the oven (by hand)
- Cleaned the cooktop (That took 15 minutes which is an incredibly long time to clean a stove, methinks.)
- Cleaned all the bathrooms, floor to ceiling
- Sorted and recycled all of our cans/magazines/bottles/etc...
- Hit the dry cleaner
- Made blueberry strussel muffins for our houseguests
- Made several floral arrangements
- Watched two episodes of Mad About You (I am OBSESSED with that show and tivo it every day)
- Cleaned the kitchen floor
- Scrubbed all of our stainless steel appliances and sinks
- Organized my closet
- Organized my shoes
- Went a little crazy at the Banana/Gap online sale. Rest assured, I had a couple of gift cards and a 25% off coupon so it wasn't too bad:
I LOVE Gap Body for undies. This is a great great thong (and on super-sale) so I bought a dozen in beige. I have a pet peeve about women who wear white undies or bras when they should be wearing a nude color. Matching isn't always the best course, ladies!
This is a cotton/cashmere shell. I fell in love with the ribbon detail. I might have to buy a couple other colors if it fits well.
I bought these wedges in kelly green pebbled leather. I love the woven detail on the heel.
I've decided that I need more tops for work that don't require dry cleaning. As much as I love a cool, crisp blouse or button down, the dry cleaners are SUPER expensive in downtown San Diego. I used to get shirts done for $2, it's more than double that at the place down the street!
I've been eyeing this eyelet jacket since it came out. Thanks to Shop It to Me, I didn't buy it last weekend when it was $48 in the store. I got it tonight for $23!
I think this is the cutest top. I also got it in white. Plain but still interesting. Kinda like me, I suppose. :)