Sunday, May 17, 2009



This weekend has been, woof, busy! Friday night DH and I went to K's 30.2 birthday party. It was a "color" party; your attire had to be head-to-toe ROYGBV. DH wore his orange corduroy pants from Christmas with an orange shirt. He looked very "Gitmo inmate." ;)

Saturday morning I hauled myself out of bed extra early and did a 15k long run. That's the longest I've ever run and aside from two 1min water breaks, I ran the entire thing! (I can't run and drink at the same time. I guess it's like my inability to pat head/rub tummy thing.)

After my run (woo hoo!) we headed to the inaugural Keg Olympics at my friend N's house.

It. Was. Amazing.

Brackets for beer pong, cornhole, flipcup, dizzy bat, and Drinko. I must mention Drinko, since it's the only game in which we medaled (silver). N and her Fake Fiance (her name for him, not mine!) built a replica of the Plinko game from Price Is Right. You answered trivia questions and that gave you additional chances to score big on the Drinko board. It was crazy fun and an awesome game where you didn't have to drink too much.

Anywho, I was really impressed with the two person teams. We were quite the United Nations.

DH and I were Team Sweden. I was very proud of DH sewing his own uniform!

Team Sweden, the Libyan Drinking Team, and Ireland (who had an amazing Irish crest drawn for them on the back of their shirts!)

The ladies of the office are so gangsta. Or, not so much.

Team Italy. They beat us at Drinko after I lost the following point:
E: Kohl!
MC: I need a full name.
E: Chancellor Kohl?
MC: ...
E: Herman Kohl!
MC: final answer?
E: Hermann Kohl?
MC: I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was Helmut Kohl.
(Personally, I think I should have won the point, but it's fine. I'm not bitter.)

Cote D'Ivoire (those shirts are CDI's actual world cup shirts!)

I have to put this in here. N and Fake Fiance represented Somalia. So they were, of course, dressed as Somali pirates! Hahaha...
All in all, a great party. We left a bit early, after about six hours. My back was killing me so I wanted to go home and rest. I was thinking the entire time that it was from my run. In hindsight, I think it was from Thursday.

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday...oof. I came home and ran a 10k tempo run after work. I was already in the shower when DH came home and popped his head in.

E: Hey!
DH: Did you get my message?
E: No, I've been on a run.
DH: J is meeting us in the climbing gym in half an hour.
E: *sigh* Ok. *climbs out of shower*

We ended up climbing for about two hours, on some new, much harder stuff than we've attempted before. Even though I was tired from my run, I think I did ok. I'm sure that the reason my back hurts today is due to all those new back muscles being used for the first time!

The rest of today is going to be quiet. We're going to pick up our car at N's, head to the car wash and grocery. We might go climbing tonight or else I'll just run a little in the gym and then do Jillian.

That's all for now folks, cheers!

No comments: