Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

I just got back from my six-month check up at the dentist. I have two (tiny) cavities and have to have them filled on Thursday. I am not doing well.

The last time I had a cavity it was 1989 and they didn't give me any painkillers. Yes, they drilled *away* on my poor little teeth without giving me a shot to numb up.

I think that was the moment I decided that the dentist is the devil. Seriously.

I also have to get a night guard. DH thinks it's hilarious. I do not. I grind and gnash my teeth quite badly when I sleep. This has lead to my molars being ground down. Awesome.

I'm going to go to bed early and hope that my sore teeth will be better. Ta ta!

2 comments:

Mona said...

Modern dentistry is amazing. I've not yet experienced it personally, but I've read they can use laser to take care of cavities with no needles and no pain!

adozeneggs said...

I don't grind I tap my jaws. So much that my jaw aches in the morning. I got my night guard (which is so sexy, especially after paying $400 for it). My husband makes fun too!!