Thursday, January 15, 2009

Oo, another fun post

The Rules:
*Grab the nearest book.
*Open the book to page 56.
*Find the FIFTH sentence.
*Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your blog along with these instructions.
*Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one; pick the CLOSEST.
*Tag five other people to do the same.

Here we go:
"After researching the Klan's corporate charter, Kennedy wrote to the governor of Georgia suggesting the grounds upon which the charter should be revoked: the Klan had been designated a non-profit, non-political organization, but Kennedy had proof that it was clearly devoted to both profits and politics. The problem was that most of Kennedy's efforts weren't producing the desired effect. The Klan was so entrenched and broad-based that Kennedy felt as if he were tossing pebbles at a giant. And even if he could somehow damage the Klan in Atlanta, the hundreds of other chapters around the country would go untouched." - Freakonomics (Given to me by my in-laws. TOTALLY excellent read, btw.)

I tag:
A Dozen Eggs
.:*why, hello darling!*:.
Running Just as Fast as I Can
Preppy Pink Crocodile
The Wasatch Report

2 comments:

adozeneggs said...

Thanks for including me, I'll post it this weekend!

adozeneggs said...

Also, I can't stop watching your little runner girl over there. Cute!