Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BP

Hello kittens,

I know, bad blogger. DH and I were sick a/o recovering most of the weekend. Thank you Mr. Killer Virus. And special big thanks to Berocca, to which I attribute our ability to get up out of bed.

Last night DH and I went to House of Blues to see Bloc Party. OMG. OMG. OMG! *AAAAAHHHH!!!!!* <---Sound inside Elliott's head, exploding in excitement. I cannot begin to tell you how AH-MAH-ZING Bloc Party is live. HOB was a great venue, the crowd was *exceptionally* receptive (lots of dancing/crowd surfing/no bullies), and the band was excited to be finishing their US tour. The highlight of the evening (for me) was the crowd jumping and clapping in rhythm to Helicopter:

Other thoughts on the evening:
*BP are just fabulous, fabulous performers. I haven't enjoyed a show like that since I last saw BRMC at 9:30 in DC.
*Kele Okereke (shout out to a Scouser!) can SING. I mean, a lot of rock stars shout/sing but Kele has a great voice.
*I want to steal all of Kele's guitars. Especially the Gretsch.
*The 4' woman behind me has caused permanent hearing damage with her high-pitched squealing. I'm excited too, honey. Tone it down.
*Should anyone go to HOB - the venue is on 4th, the restaurant is on 5th. Also, buy your drinks upstairs. The bar is better stocked and cheaper, too.

I think that's all for now. I'm watching a Muppet Christmas and a muppet shrimp just started singing a song from Pagliacci. I think I must turn my attention there. :)

No comments: