Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have been writing so much at work that when I get home I can't stand to type another word. So I think I'll take it easy and do a top ten.
Top ten holiday movies:
10. A Christmas Story. You know how TNT plays this for 24 hours every year? Yeah...about five years ago I had a severe case of food poisoning. I was too weak to get up off the floor to get the remote to change the channel so I watched "A Christmas Story" for 20 of 24 hours. Surprisingly, I still love it. "Getting ready to go to school was like getting ready for extended deep-sea diving."
9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The original, Boris Karloff version. I remember watching this on the couch with my Daddy when I was little. "Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The Grinch got a wonderful, awful idea."
8. Christmas in Connecticut. My Muhmoo's favorite. She puts it on while making gingerbread cookies and I feel totally at home. Uncle Felix is my favorite: "Catastroph!"
7. Elf. Does Will Ferrell get any better that Buddy the Elf (what's your favorite color)? I think not. "You sit on a throne of lies!"
6. Die Hard. Some people deal with pushy relatives. John deals with German terrorists. Awesome. "The circuits that cannnot be cut are cut automatically in response to a terrorist incident. You asked for miracles, Theo, I give you the FBI."
5. The Holiday. Surprisingly fun British/American rom-com. I never understood why people liked Jude Law until I gave it a watch on Encore. "I'm looking for corny in my life."
4. Scrooged. Bill Murray's version, never Patrick Stewart's. "No, you are a hallucination, brought on by alcohol. Russian Vodka, poisoned by Chernobyl."
3. Love, Actually. I cry *every* time I watch it. Pitch perfect, really. "Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free."
2. Bridget Jones's Diary. I'm desperately trying to find DH a reindeer jumper so that he'll be my personal Mark Darcy. "I choose Vodka. And Chaka Khan."
1. Christmas Vacation. It isn't Christmas until the Griswolds make their appearance. "Merry Christmas. Shitter was full."
I'm back... I think...
7 years ago