Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Durr.

So you may have noticed that I haven't posted about running in a while. That would be because I'm nursing my right achilles tendon back from, wait for it, achilles tendonitis!

I tried to do some hill training and my tendon went "OMG! WHAT are you DOING?! You think you can just push me up a hill, Elliott? You crazy, girlfriend. I will now punish you for a week with a limp to rival Quasimodo. Want to wear any heels higher than 1/4" high? HA! I laugh at you!"

To still get my workout on, I've been hitting the elliptical and the bike. Woo boy, I forgot I had some of those leg muscles!

I've also been taking the 100 pushup challenge and the 200 situp challenge.


The two programs follow the same formula; an initial fit test and then a six week program to get you pushin' and sittin' up. The workouts are 3 days a week so it's easy to take 10 minutes and crank them both out while I'm waiting for my computer to boot up.

I'm at the 4 week mark and let me tell you, I can see serious improvement. I'm cranking out 50+ pushups with only one break. And while you can't see my abs (they're there, under mah belly), I can feel them when I'm working out. Very cool.

Anyone else doing either program? There's another one for squats that I'm thinking of starting.

1 comment:

Erin said...

OMG, 50 pushups? I can do 30, but only in 3 sets of 10. I guess I honestly never tried to do more than that tho. For some reason, I can do crunches for infinity. Koolz challenge!