Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lame post

Ugh. I don't know what my problem is, but I am completely blah this week. I am sleeping like a rock, eating well, working out, and yet I can't shake my funk. I'm wondering if it's some sort of five-day hangover from DH's company party on Saturday.

Dear lord, I can't party. I shouldn't even try anymore. Tequila=the devil.

The party was outside at a hotel right on Mission Bay. Great sunset but I was freezing! The dress code was rather vague (cruise wear?) so I pulled this out of the closet with a cute pair of flat, strappy sandals. Rest assured, I'm not 8' tall like the model, so it was the perfect floor length on me.


Anywho, back to the blahs. I just can't seem to settle down. I've tried drinking my extra sleepytime tea and lighting candles but it just isn't doing it for me. If my week were a song, it would be Grapevine Fires by Death Cab:



Lovely and maybe a little lonely. Heck, if we're going to be honest on the internets, it's pretty damn good. Just not the first thing you'd grab off a shelf.

Anywho, tried finding some new music tonight for my 8k race this weekend. Meh. The best I could find was Ghost Town by Shiny Toy Guns:



Any other suggestions for either peppy music or a way to beat the blues?

Le sigh. Over and out.

No comments: