- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
Bring 1 3/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
While couscous stands, steam broccoli florets, covered, for 3 minutes or until tender.
Combine couscous, broccoli, onion, and next 10 ingredients (onion through chickpeas), tossing gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
Elliott notes: Use whole wheat cous-cous. Omit salt and add half teaspoon of Veggie Better than Bouillon to cous-cous water. Omit nuts. Replace fresh ginger with powdered.
- 402 (27% from fat)
- 12.2g (sat 3.8g,mono 5.8g,poly 1.6g)